Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Family's Decisions

I have a few thoughts tonight.  My son just finished Kindergarten.  He scored the highest in his class on the standardized test in the subject of reading.  There were other awards earned, given, and received, but I am very proud of my son.  And, I am very proud of this family.

People say a lot of stupid things about working moms, about families with two working parents, and even about families who choose private school over public.  When it comes to these trades in life my theory is: Be happy with your decision.  Be honest enough with yourself to change it when it doesn't work.  And respect the other woman or mom enough, to let HER be happy with HER decisions.

Our family juggles a crazy schedule, a good dose of hardship, long commutes, and ........ regardless of all that ...... my child has still learned to read.  We have made our decisions with a lot of thought and prayer.  Depending upon the choice, we continue to "check-in" to make sure that this is the only solution or that it is the solution we still desire.  We are not my mother's family, or that other family at church, or that other family at school.  We are OUR family.  Our children are loved, and they and their education is a priority.

And I am very proud of my son and our little family tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to my little reader! Tell him we're proud of him. And we're proud of you too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete